how to make custom ubuntu distro (part 1)
We can make a custom Ubuntu distribution using some techniques and tools. Ubuntu like OS distribution is based on open source software. Ubuntu Os is already so customize for a normal user.
What is custom distribution
Ubuntu comes with some inbuilt software. Installing some additional software , removing some unwanted software from default configuration according the need is known as a custom distribution. Changing the look and feel of the user interface is also done in custom distribution.
After making all changes to a already installed Ubuntu Os, we can make backup of installed Os as a install-able iso image. Later on iso image can be installed to a USB media. Now we can use bootable USB to install custom Ubuntu distro. Let us learn step by step.
- Install a Ubuntu Os Distribution. Use latest stable distribution from https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop . Kindly follow the link http://wikistack.com/make-installable-ubuntu-pen-drive/ to make bootable pen drive for ubuntu.
Change desktop wallpaper
- Create a beautiful background image for desktop wallpaper. follow This link https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-change-desktop-wallpaper-in-ubuntu
Install/Remove Software (how to make custom ubuntu distro)
Adding new software or removing existing already installed software is very easy in any ubuntu operating system. we can install or un-install software via two methods.
- Via terminal using apt-get utility command.
- Via ubuntu software center gui utility.
- For more details and pictorial how to follow this link http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Software-in-Ubuntu